Thursday, September 16, 2010

And the award goes to ....handbag queen!

Let's do something a little different today .... As you all know Elle's second passion is HANDBAGS. I don't know what it is that sends me into a total rush over a nice new handbag.  Then again it doesn't have to be a NEW handbag, I'm just a sucker for a nice handbag and will take a used one from my sister-in-laws closet any day of the week (hint hint).

It's really not about the name brand, its all about style, comfort, fit and color for me. I can see pictures of certain handbags and think, "ooh that's a good bag for Tracy or Winona".  Really I should get a QUEEN OF HANDBAG CROWN!

My sister has put me on handbag restriction, she says I need therapy and told me that even though its fall (which hello automatically means new handbag to me), I should recycle one of my "old" ones. Recycle - hmmm when it comes to plastic, paper and glass I can help out with the mission, but that doesn't sound very fun when it comes to my sacred handbag collection.  But my sister normally knows best so I tried it.  It was working .... until I accidentally wondered into Marshalls today. By the way - what I love more than a great handbag (and stationery of course) is a great handbag at a great price.  Unfortunately not all Marshalls, TjMax and other stores are created equal it all depends on the area and the day.  However today I think even the handbag gods were feeling bad for me. I did my normal warm-up look around the shoes - cute!  Then over to the handbags, circled each isle twice like a careful handbag shopper, picked up two bags that I thought had my name on them. Thought about how I'd get them in my closet without setting off any red flags with "The Big Guy", then put them back. Ho hum! Checked out the clothes - nice, cute and all that stuff, and then circled back to the handbags to give them one final hug before I decided to go back to the office.  However, it was then that I saw him, there he was just waiting for me, how had I not seen him before? Then as I go to swoop him up, you know those Marshall shoppers can be hardcore, I see her .... come on ladies you know what sensible her is -- the RED CLEARANCE TICKET .. jackpot! 

Such a great deal that maybe my sister will give me a pass and let me back into therapy until next time!  Check out a picture below of my great new blue find. 

Also for those of you who love handbags just as much .... this blue is very in this season. Coach and Nine West have the same gorgeous blue called "hardware blue" (see below links).  Hope you find your fall handbag soon, and come back and post a picture for me to drool over.

Coach (The Kristen) - http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/-handbags_features_newarrivals_1-10551-10051-5000000000000015027-en?t1Id=62&t2Id=5000000000000015027&tier=2&LOC=LN

Ninewest (The Ladylike Satchel) - http://www.ninewest.com/LadyLike%2C-Satchel%2C-Ships-9/28/6122770,default,pd.html?cgid=1005&itemNum=34&variantSizeClass=&variantColor=PRUBLMM

Until next time see you in stationery and handbag land ~ Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment